The CSIS LEED-platinum conferencing facilities are located in the heart of Washington, DC, at 1616 Rhode Island Avenue NW, off historic Scott Circle and just blocks from the White House. CSIS offers a range of meeting amenities with three floors of dedicated conferencing space. Conference facilities are equipped with advanced audiovisual technology, striking Carrara marble floors, Tennessee limestone walls, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
1616 RHODE ISLAND CAPACITIES
|1st Floor Conference Room||90||28||60||80|
|Entire 2nd Floor Room||320||60||270||200-300|
|2nd Floor Room A/B||200||44||120||200-300|
|2nd Floor Room B/C||200||48||140||200-300|
|2nd Floor Room A, B, or C||100||16||40||80-100|
|9th Floor Conference Room||-||40||-||40-50|
|Concourse Large Room||-||32||-||-|
|Concourse Medium Room||-||20||-||-|
|Concourse Small Room||-||16||-||-|
CSIS Event Space Rental Guidelines
- CSIS policies do not allow the name “CSIS” or “Center for Strategic and International Studies” or the CSIS logo to be used on any materials pertaining to an external event. Should an external group renting the space wish to use the CSIS name or logo on its event materials, it must submit a request for approval in writing to CSIS in advance.
- CSIS does not permit political activities or lobbying on its premises.
- CSIS does not permit smoking in its facilities.
- An external group must use one of CSIS’s approved caterers to provide food and beverage service for the event.
- CSIS does not permit red wine or cranberry juice to be served in any conference area to prevent permanent stains and protect the marble floors.
- Any additional outside vendors providing services for an external event must be approved by CSIS prior to the event.
- CSIS can provide select banquet equipment and audiovisual services for an external event at additional cost. Pricing guidelines are available on request.
- An external group must designate one point of contact to communicate with CSIS prior to and throughout the duration of the event.
- An external group and their contracted vendors must have Comprehensive General Liability Insurance.
- CSIS is not liable for any personal injury, loss, or damage of property of any external group renting its space and their guests or that of any outside vendor contracted by that group.