Iran: Public Opinion on Foreign, Nuclear and Domestic Issues
December 27, 2010
Key findings from national telephone survey of 702 Iranians between August 30 and Sept 7, 2010 include:
- Iranians divided on governments performance.
- Dissatisfied with economy.
- Worry over sanctions and isolation.
- Want to focus on domestic affairs.
- Favor closer ties with the west
- Rising tensions sparked hostility towards the US, Europe, and UN.
- Favor nuclear arms and do not want to back deals that halt enrichment.
- Independent polls do not contractdict official turnout of 2009 election, which gave around 60% of vote to Ahmadinejad.
- Support to religious institutions remains substantial but majority expect democratization.
Download full results from http://csis.org/files/publication/101227_PRS-Iran_Poll_IPI_Policy_Forum.pdf.