Islam, Islamism, and Politics in Eurasia Report (IIPER) - No. 24, 22 September 2010
September 22, 2010
• CE Amir Umarov Issues Another Video Statement on the CE Split
• Riyadus Salikhin Martyrs’ Brigade Promises Attacks Across Russia
• Gordon M. Hahn, “Prisoners of an Approach to the Caucasus” (Response to Charles King and Rajan Menon, “Prisoners of the Caucasus: Russia’s Invisible Civil War,” Foreign Affairs, Fall 2010).
• Erkinbek Kamalov, “The Islamist Tracks in Kyrgyzstan’s Interethnic Violence”
• New Non-Proliferation/Terrorism Studies Master of Arts Degree and Terrorism Studies Certificate Programs
Islam, Islamism and Politics in Eurasia Report (IIPER) is a bimonthly analysis issued by the CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program. IIPER focuses on all politically relevant issues involving or bearing on Islam, Islamism, and jihadism in Russia and Eurasia writ large. The report is compiled, edited, and unless indicated otherwise, written by Gordon M. Hahn, a nonresident senior associate at CSIS.