Islam, Islamism, and Politics in Eurasia Report (IIPER) - No. 37, 30 March 2011
March 30, 2011
- Two More Video Statements by CE Amir Dokku ‘Abu Usman’ Umarov
- Jihadi Stirrings in the ‘Idel-Ural Vilaiyat’?
- Terrorism Close Calls, Scares, Alerts, and Alerts – March 2011
Central Asia by Yelena Altman (unless otherwise indicated)
- IMU is a Global Force
- Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan Penetrating Osh Oblast
- IMU Releases Video
- Kyrgyzstan Mujahideen Swear Allegiance to Amir of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, Mullah Omar
- Shintiki Fatwa on the Permissibility and Obligation to Carry Out Jihad in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan to Aid Kyrgyzstan in Military Training
- Continued Security Efforts in Tajikistan
Islam, Islamism and Politics in Eurasia Report (IIPER) is a bimonthly analysis issued by the CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program. IIPER focuses on all politically relevant issues involving or bearing on Islam, Islamism, and jihadism in Russia and Eurasia writ large. The report is compiled, edited, and unless indicated otherwise, written by Gordon M. Hahn, a nonresident senior associate at CSIS.