Islam, Islamism and Politics in Eurasia Report (IIPER) - No. 42, 22 June 2011
June 22, 2011
- Estimate of the Number of Jihadi Attacks, Jihadi-related Incidents, and Attendant Casualties in the First Quarter of 2011
- U.S. State Department Offer $5 Million Reward for Information Leading to CE Amir Umarov's Location
- Umarov Comments on Bin Laden
- Umarov Settles His Affairs: Are His Days Numbered?
- CE Qadi Issues Statement to the Mujahedin
- Selected Global Jihad Tracts Recently Posted by CE Websites: Qutb, Awlaki, Bin Laden, Zawahiri
- Chechnya Native Lors Dukaev (Doukaev) Sentenced in Denmark for Terrorism
- Tajik Islamist Detained in Moscow
Central Asia by Yelena Altman (unless otherwise indicated)
- Two Suicide Blasts in Kazakhstan
- New Videos from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
- Hizb Ut-Tahrir Recurits the Poor and Unstable in Uzbekistan
- Tablisgh Jamaat Recruiter Sentenced in Tajikistan
Islam, Islamism and Politics in Eurasia Report (IIPER) is a bimonthly analysis issued by the CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program. IIPER focuses on all politically relevant issues involving or bearing on Islam, Islamism, and jihadism in Russia and Eurasia writ large. The report is compiled, edited, and unless indicated otherwise, written by Gordon M. Hahn, a nonresident senior associate at CSIS.