Transnational Threats Update January-February 2010 - Vol. 8, No. 1
March 11, 2010
The Transnational Threats Update is produced by the Transnational Threats Project and provides monthly reports and analysis on terrorism, drug trafficking, organized crime, money laundering, and arms trafficking. The newsletter draws on several U.S. and international media sources, including Associated Press, Agence France Presse, Reuters, Xinhua News Agency, World Tribune, Afghan News, and others.
You can review previous issues of the Transnational Threats Update from the Transnational Threats Project archived newsletter section.
In this issue:
- Recent FARC Activities Signal Urban Shift
- Sri Lanka Releases 713 Former LTTE Militants
- Al Qaeda Offers Assistance to Nigerian Muslims
- Increase in al Qaeda Activity in Turkey
- Iranian Insurgent Apprehended
- Finding the Yemen-Somalia Connection
- What is Burma Doing?
- Iran Charges Mousavi Aide with Espionage
- Russian Police Whistleblower Arrested
- Possible Kenyan Links to Southern Sudan
- Update on Thai Arms Bust
- China-Iran Hacker Wars