Transnational Threats Update March-April 2010 - Vol. 8, No. 2
May 11, 2010
The Transnational Threats Update is produced by the Transnational Threats Project and provides monthly reports and analysis on terrorism, drug trafficking, organized crime, money laundering, and arms trafficking. The newsletter draws on several U.S. and international media sources, including Associated Press, Agence France Presse, Reuters, Xinhua News Agency, World Tribune, Afghan News, and others.
You can review previous issues of the Transnational Threats Update from the Transnational Threats Project archived newsletter section.
In this issue:
- Jihadists in Indonesia: Where is Umar Patek?
- Persistance of al Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula
- Paramilitary Terror Threats in Columbia
- Continued Trouble in the Caucasus
- Continued Factional Violence in Somalia
- Ahmadinejad Views New Allies in African Countries
- Update on Nigerian Violence
- Possible Showdown in Myanmar's Shan State
- The Long Fight in Philippines' Drug War
- Iranian Arms Smuggling Ring Cracked in Italy
- Spook and Ghosts in Cyberspace