Transnational Threats Update October 2009 - Vol. 7, No. 8
November 10, 2009
The Transnational Threats Update is produced by the Transnational Threats Project and provides monthly reports and analysis on terrorism, drug trafficking, organized crime, money laundering, and arms trafficking. The newsletter draws on several U.S. and international media sources, including Associated Press, Agence France Presse, Reuters, Xinhua News Agency, World Tribune, Afghan News, and others.
You can review previous issues of the Transnational Threats Update from the Transnational Threats Project archived newsletter section.
In this issue:
- Turbulence in the Taliban/al Qaeda Relationship
- Adlene Hicheur French Physicist, al Qaeda Supporter?
- al Qaeda Threatens China over Uighurs
- Accusations Fly in Wake of Team Massacre
- Yemen Accuses Iranian Sailors of Arms Smuggling
- Indian Drawdown Highlights J&K Disparity
- Drug Wars Explode in Rio de Janiero
- Serbia Targets the Drug Trade
- American Scientist a Spy for Israel?
- New Report: China is preparing for IW