Video On Demand
2023 U.S.-Japan Security Seminar
March 21, 2023 • 9:00 – 10:30 am EDT
Brought to you by
The CSIS Japan Chair and The Japan Institute of International Affairs (JIIA) cordially invite you to the 2023 U.S.-Japan Security Seminar
How aligned are Japan and the United States with respect to regional and global security challenges? What are the implications of Japan’s new defense strategy for U.S.-Japan alliance cooperation? Is there an alliance economic security strategy? Please join the CSIS Japan Chair for a dialogue on prevailing themes in U.S.-Japan relations organized in collaboration with The Japan Institute of International Affairs (JIIA).
- H.E. Yoshimasa Hayashi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Government of Japan
- Kenichiro Sasae, President, JIIA
- Mireya Solís, Director - Center for East Asia Policy Studies; Philip Knight Chair in Japan Studies, Brookings Institution
- Ayumi Teraoka, America in the World Consortium Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin
- Christopher Johnstone, Senior Adviser and Japan Chair, CSIS (moderator)
This event is made possible with support from the Government of Japan.