AILA International Fellowship 2015
The AILA International Fellowship (AIF) is a flagship program combining workshops, briefings, and skill-building exercises that provide insights needed for successful leadership in today’s world. Each year, a select group of 10-15 mid-career professionals from a wide array of backgrounds and professions is chosen for the intensive week-long training program, which is held at CSIS headquarters in Washington, D.C. AIF brings these participants a deeper understanding of the intellectual challenges and moral constraints decision-makers face, while providing tools with which to address the responsibilities and opportunities of leadership.
Due to the interactive and collaborative nature of AIF, it is essential for each candidate to be comfortable with the English language, speaking in a group, freely expressing his/her opinion and supporting his/her position. AIF participants must be knowledgeable, passionate, and ethical leaders who are driven to excel in their respective fields. Finally, participants should be curious, critical thinkers who are comfortable learning from others and exchanging different perspectives.
Criteria for applicants:
- Academic background –Completion of university degree is required, with an advanced degree preferred.
- Professional background – Candidates must be mid-career professionals with at least 5-10 years of experience in their chosen profession. This experience should demonstrate significant professional accomplishments and experiences that show commitment to positive impact in a leadership role.
- Leadership potential – Candidates should exhibit exceptional leadership potential, either through experience, promotion, community action, or as witnessed by peers and superiors, and should be able to express how the AIF program will benefit them as future leaders.
- Relevance of experience to AIF – Candidates should have a demonstrated or articulated interest in the areas that correspond to the program areas of AIF, i.e., leadership, ethics, and foreign policy.
- English proficiency – Candidates must be proficient in both written and conversational English.
- Finally, participants should be curious, critical thinkers who are comfortable learning from others and exchanging different perspectives in a multicultural environment.
Application Deadline: August 7, 2015
For information, please visit the main AIF Page.
Program Fee includes : tuition, curricular materials, and most meals.