Engaging India's Electrification Agenda
CSIS, in collaboration with the Consulate General of India in New York, is pleased to invite you to Engaging India’s Electrification Agenda. On the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly and during Climate Week NYC, this event will feature senior-level Indian state and central government officials, heads of private companies and philanthropic organizations leading renewable energy transitions in India, and practitioners working to meet energy access needs. Dr. Kartikeya Singh will also share key findings of CSIS research based on Indian state government and civil society feedback on priority areas open for stakeholders to partner with states beyond connections.
The U.S.-India State & Urban Initiative, managed jointly by the Wadhwani Chair in U.S.-India Policy Studies and the Energy & National Security Program at CSIS, has aimed to support bilateral dialogues and energy partnerships between Indian and U.S. states and other subnational entities. To support Prime Minister Modi’s Saubhagya scheme, we have worked closely with Indian state governments to identify their energy policy priorities and opportunities for engagement for academia, the private sector, and energy access practitioners.
8:45am - Opening Remarks
9:00am - Welcome Address
- Sandeep Chakravorty, Consul General, Consulate General of India, New York, USA
- Dr. Kartikeya Singh, Deputy Director & Senior Fellow, Wadhwani Chair in U.S.-India Policy Studies and Senior Fellow, Energy & National Security Program, CSIS
- Indra Keshari, Resident Commissioner (former Power Secretary), Government of Madhya Pradesh
- Mrinal Chaudhury, Additional Director, Assam Energy Development Agency
- Alok Katiyar, Principal Secretary, Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency
- Neelima Jain, Regional Head, United Kingdom and Europe, Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
- Sameer Kwatra, Policy Analyst, Climate and Clean Energy India, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Bill Lenihan, CEO, ZolaElectric
- Gitika Mohta, Special Assistant to the CEO, We Mean Business
- Robert Stoner, Deputy Director for Science and Technology, MIT Energy Initiative
- Girish Sethi, Senior Director, Energy Programme, TERI
- Kanika Chawla, Director, Centre for Energy Finance, CEEW
- Ashvin Dayal, Associate VP & Managing Director, Power Initiative, Rockefeller Foundation
3:00pm - Closing Remarks
This event is made possible by generous support from the Good Energies Foundation.