Facing the Hard Truths About Energy: A Comprehensive View to 2030 of Global Oil and Natural Gas
CSIS provided an overview of the findings of the National Petroleum Council (NPC) study on Global Oil and Gas, which was requested by U.S. Energy Secretary Samuel W. Bodman to address the ability of global oil and gas supply to keep pace with growing world demand. The study approach was expressly designed to be inclusive by engaging and involving a broad and diverse group of opinion leaders and interested parties. This event brought together key contributors to the report who addressed issues of supply, demand, geopolitics, technology, and carbon emissions.
- Dr. John Hamre, CSIS President and CEO
- Jim Slutz, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oil and Natural Gas, United States Department of Energy
- Donald Paul, Chief Technology Officer, Chevron Corporation
- Rodney Nelson, Vice President for Strategic Marketing Schlumberger Oilfield Services
- Frank Verrastro, Director, CSIS Energy and National Security Program
- Adam Sieminski, Chief Energy Economist, Deutsche Bank AG