PONI 2016 Fall Conference
The second conference of the 2016-2017 Conference Series will be held on October 18-19, 2016 at Sandia National Labs in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Please note: Registration for those who do not possess a DOE badge will close at 5pm on Friday, October 7.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel (2910 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106) for the rate of $89/night. Attendees can use one of the following to reserve their room:
- Via web: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1608176306&key=6DD9D74
- Call 800-227-1117 or 505-843-7000
The Sheraton provides shuttle service between the airport and the hotel, and PONI will provide shuttle service between the hotel and conference activities.
The two-day conference will feature presentations from emerging nuclear experts and keynote talks from senior experts in the nuclear field. Conference presentations and keynote speakers are off-the-record. Please contact Will Pittinos with any questions, email@example.com.
Call for Proposals
PONI is now accepting proposals for presentations for the 2016-2017 annual conference series. The conference presentations will focus on, but will not be limited to, the topics listed in the research agenda. Selected presenters will have the opportunity to work with a PONI mentor before sharing their research at a conference. PONI also uses these presentations to select members of the Next Generation Speakers Bureau, a collection of some of the best and brightest emerging nuclear experts. PONI is accepting proposals for all conferences in the 2016-2017 series.
Presentation proposals should be no more than 1 page (single-spaced) and should include the following:
- Your name and organization/school affiliation;
- Title of your presentation;
- Summary of your thesis or argument;
- Brief description of how your presentation contributes to new thinking on the topic;
- Your preferred presentation dates, if any.
- Please also include a resume in a separate file to your proposal.
Presentation proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis and should be sent to Will Pittinos at firstname.lastname@example.org. Travel support is available to selected presenters lacking university or organizational funding.
2016-2017 Conference Series
- Fall Conference, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM: October 18-19, 2016
- Winter Conference, CSIS: December 6-7, 2016
- Capstone Conference, U.S. Strategic Command: March 16, 2017
The Conference Series, now in its thirteenth year, is unique in its emphasis on featuring rising experts and young professionals in the nuclear field. The Conference Series draws emerging thought leaders from across the nuclear enterprise and policy community, and provides them with a visible platform for sharing their new thinking on a range of nuclear issues.