Press Briefing: Counting Dollars or Measuring Value: Assessing NATO and Partner Burden-Sharing
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) will host a press briefing on an upcoming report by Kathleen Hicks and Jeffrey Rathke ahead of the 2018 NATO summit (July 11-12).
Among the issues that will be addressed:
- An in-depth analysis of a new CSIS report on allied and partner contributions to NATO.
- Additional ways to measure security investment in NATO beyond the standard metric of 2 percent of GDP spent on defense.
- Shortcomings in publicly-available security data on NATO investment.
- What to expect from the 2018 NATO Summit.
- Suggested agenda items for the summit.
Credentialed members of the press who wish to attend, please email Andrew Schwartz at email@example.com to RSVP.
A transcript will be available after the press briefing concludes.