Press Conference Call: Previewing the G7 Summit
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosts a press briefing via conference call ahead of the 44th G7 summit in Charlevoix, Quebec, Canada on June 8-9.
Among the issues to be addressed:
- Reactions after the United States announced its intentions to pull out of the JCPOA
- Interference in national elections
- Significance of summit one month ahead of the NATO summit in Brussels and one week before the possible U.S.-North Korea Summit in Singapore
- Secondary sanctions by the United States and potential impact on European businesses
- Emerging market financial strains, particularly in Argentina
- Responding to the China challenge
Credentialed members of the press who wish to call in, please email Andrew Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
A transcript will be available after the press briefing concludes.