Report Launch: Alternative Futures for Russia to 2017
- Andrew Kuchins, Director and Senior Fellow, Russia and Eurasia Program, CSIS
- Anders Aslund, Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Thomas Graham, Senior Director, Kissinger McLarty Associates
- Sarah E. Mendelson, Senior Fellow, Russia and Eurasia Program, CSIS
- Cory Welt, Associate Director, Eurasia Strategy Project, Georgetown University
The CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program launched the report Alternatives Futures for Russia to 2017. Over the past decade, Russia has undergone extraordinary changes and views in the West have never been so polarized as today. In order to put together a mosaic of possible Russian futures, in the spring of 2007 Dr. Andrew Kuchins organized a working group of leading experts with diverse perspectives and expertise and their contributions helped to inform this report. Alternatives Futures for Russia to 2017 examines drivers for the future, potential scenarios, and key signposts for scenario trends.