Small Satellites, Big Missions
The Implications of the Growing Small Satellite Market for Launch and Key Applications
1:15- 2:00 p.m. - Registration
2:00 p.m. - Welcome Address
2:10 - 3:10 p.m. - Implications of Small Satellites for Key Missions
- Col Steve Butow, Military Lead, DIUx
- William Jeffery, CEO, SRI International
- Bhavya Lal, Research Staff Member, Science and Technology Policy Institute, IDA
- Aaron Rogers, Program Manager, Disruptive Space Missions, JHU/APL
3:10 - 3:30 p.m. - Coffee Break
3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Implications of the Growing Small Satellite Market for the Space Launch Industry
- Marco Caceres, Senior Analyst and Director of Space Studies, Teal Group Corp.
- Richard Dalbello, Vice President of Business Development and Government Affairs, Virgin Galactic
- Steve Nixon, Vice President for Strategic Development, Stratolaunch
The first panel will focus on implications of small satellites for key missions, including dual-use military and commercial missions, providing advantages in resiliency, agility, deterrence, and coverage. Following a brief coffee break, the second panel will focus on implications of the growing small satellite market for the space launch industry.
This event is generously sponsored by Stratolaunch Systems.