The Turkey, Russia, Iran Nexus: Economic & Energy Dimensions
- Download PDF file of "The Turkey, Russia, Iran Nexus: Economic and Energy Dimensions" 302kb
- Download PDF file of "The Role of Energy in Turkey's Relations with Russia and Iran" 239kb
- Download PDF file of "The Role of Energy in Russia's Relations with Turkey and Iran" 191kb
- Download PDF file of "Drivers and Strategy in Turkey, Russia, Iran Energy and Economic Relations" 207kb
- Download PDF file of "The Role of Economic and Energy Relations with Turkey and Russia in Iran's National Strategy" 3707kb
Ankara Workshop Report
Featuring: Andrew C. Kuchins
This report is also available in PDF here.
CSIS and the Economic Policy Research Foundation of Turkey (TEPAV) co-organized a workshop at TEPAV in Ankara on March 29, 2012 that examined how economic and energy issues figure in relations between Turkey, Russia, and Iran. Colleagues from our other project partner, the Institute of Oriental Studies (IVRAN) of the Russian Academy of Sciences, as well as a number of Turkish officials and scholars from other institutions joined the discussions. TEPAV also organized a reception and a separate roundtable for workshop participants with senior officials at the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The CSIS team presented the results of their preliminary research and Turkish, Russian, and Iranian analysts presented papers commissioned by CSIS to solicit their perspectives on the key drivers and long-term prospects of economic and energy relations among the three countries. The ensuing dialogue among scholars from the three institutions and other participants is captured in the workshop proceedings and reflected in the final versions of the commissioned papers. This workshop was made possible by support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
Tuncay Babali, "The Role of Energy in Turkey's Relations with Russia and Iran"
Vladimir Likhachev, "The Role of Energy in Russia's Relations with Turkey and Iran"
Bijan Khajehpour, "The Role of Economic and Energy Relations with Turkey and Russia in Iran's National Strategy"
CSIS Preliminary Findings:
Stephen Flanagan, "Drivers and Strategy in Turkey, Russia, Iran Economic and Energy Relations"
You can find a link to TEPAV's event page here: http://www.tepav.org.tr/tr/haberler/s/2786