The Unconventional Gas Revolution - Policy, Strategic and Market Implications
On March 9th, the National Capital Area Chapter of the US Association for Energy Economics and Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosted an all day conference on "The Unconventional Gas Revolution – Policy, Strategic and Market Implications".
The full-day program featured four technical panels and several keynote speakers. The panels covered the following topics:
- US Unconventional Gas Resources, Costs and Technology
- International, Strategic, and Security Issues
- Environmental Challenges: Worrying about Water
- Gas in the Future Fuel Mix: Gas on Green Competition?
Keynote speakers included:
- Bob Simon, Chief of Staff, Senate Energy Committee
- Murry Gerber, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, EQT Corporation
- Joseph Aldy, Special Assistant to the President for Energy and Environment, National Economic Council