The U.S. Army History of the Iraq War
Please join CSIS for a discussion of the U.S. Army’s recently published and long-awaited two volume history, The U.S. Army in the Iraq War, 2003-2011. The authors will outline key findings from major episodes in the war and discuss the implications for today. Peter Bergen of New America, Kim Dozier of CNN and the Daily Beast, Michael Gordon of the Wall Street Journal, and Ken Pollack of AEI will provide commentary and analysis.
8:30 - 9:00: Registration and Coffee
9:00 - 9:25: Introduction
- Frank Sobchak and Joel Rayburn, OIF Editors
- with Michael Gordon, the Wall Street Journal
9:25 - 10:15: Volume I: Invasion, Insurgency, Civil War, 2003-2006
- Moderator: Peter Bergen, Vice President, Global Studies & Fellows at New America
- Author: Jeanne Godfroy, OIF Study Author
- Commentator: Kim Dozier, Contributor at CNN and The Daily Beast
10:15 - 10:25: Coffee break
10:25 - 11:15: Volume II: Surge and Withdrawal, 2007-2011
- Moderator: Seth Center, Director of the Project on History and Strategy at CSIS
- Author: Jim Powell, OIF Study Author
- Commentator: Ken Pollack, Resident Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute
This event is made possible by the general support to CSIS.