U.S.-India Subnational Forum: SNA Innovation Competition
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in collaboration National Association of State energy Officials (NASEO) and Association of Renewable Energy Agencies of States (AREAS) conducted the SNA Innovation Competition (SIC) to provide an opportunity for the SNAs to showcase their innovative clean energy projects. The idea was to creates the potential for the SNA’s to enhance the capacity of other states, strengthen the policy dialogue, and widen the operational impact in deployment and scale up of clean energy solutions. The SIC aimed to contribute to an enabling environment for best practice exchange among the Indian states.
The SIC recognized five winners, each from the North-East, North, East, West, and South zone. The winning SNAs got the opportunity to travel to Washington D.C. to showcase their winning projects, their state’s future clean energy plans and to collaborate with energy experts from both US and Indian states on July 19th, 2022.
The winners were chosen on the below Evaluation Criteria of their projects:
- Scalability: The project's potential to scale and be replicated, be it at regional or national level.
- Feasibility: The financial and technical sustainability of the project.
- Affordability: The project’s potential to provide affordable services or products to the end consumers.
- Social Impact: The potential of the project to address the energy access problem.
The five winning SNA’s from the five regions of India are:
- North East: Assam Energy Development Agency
- South: New & Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh
- West: Maharashtra Energy Development Agency
- North: Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency
- East: West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency
This event was made possible with the generous support of SED Fund