Red Teaming: Alternative Analysis and Risk Assessments for a Changing World
Washington’s first practical course for mid-to senior-level professionals who need to help large, diverse organizations assess and adapt to rapidly changing environments.
At a Glance
May 1 – 3, 2023
April 21, 2023
Red Teaming: Alternative Analysis and Risk Assessments for a Changing World is Washington’s first practical course for mid-to senior-level professionals who need to help large, diverse organizations assess and adapt to rapidly changing environments.
Participants will work with CSIS scholars and learn how to apply time-tested techniques like argument mapping, assumption checks, pre-mortem analysis, and other methods to update baseline forecasts.
You will learn practical skills and red team methods, including how to:
- Understand the history and role of alternative analysis
- Apply red team techniques to major defense, intelligence, and human security (e.g., public health, economics, governance) issues
- Organize and run alternative analysis teams tasked with augmenting strategic planning and foresight activity
- Red Teaming: The History and Evolution of Alternative Analysis
- What is the Problem? Red Team Diagnostic Techniques
- Are We Measuring Change the Right Way? Red Team Calibration Techniques
- What if We Are Wrong? Challenging Red Team Techniques
- Case Study on Decision Forcing: Strategy and the Early Cold War
- Argument Mapping
- Team A/B Competitive Estimates
- Pre-Mortem Risk Estimates
CSIS is seeking a diverse cohort of mid – to senior level professionals from across the government, private sector, nonprofit, military, and academic communities who are interested in learning how to organize and lead a team tasked with conducting an alternative assessment.
How to Register
The online registration form includes a short entry form, statement of interest, brief bio, and resume. Registrations will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Previous participants include representatives from:
Atawa Group, LLC, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Department of Homeland Security, Department of the Army, Department of Defense, Embassy of Australia, Lafeyette Group, LMI, The Economist Group, and U.S. Capitol Police
For more information, please contact Eric Palomaa, Director of Partnerships and Deputy Director, at email@example.com.