CSIS Smart Global Health Commission to release Global Health Policy Roadmap
February 4, 2010
CSIS Commission Releasing New Global Health Policy Roadmap
“Report of the CSIS Commission on Smart Global Health Policy: A healthier, safer and more prosperous world.”
On February 10th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies’ Commission on Smart Global Health Policy, comprised of 25 diverse opinion leaders drawn from Members of Congress, business and media leaders, former high-level national security officials, NGO executives, philanthropists and health experts, releases its final report and recommendations. The report details a long-term strategic U.S. approach to global health that builds on successes of the last decade and helps poor countries realize a healthier, more self-sufficient future.
When: February 10th, 9:30am-12:00pm
Commission Co-Chairs Dr. Helene Gayle, President and CEO of CARE, and Adm. William Fallon, retired U.S. Navy Admiral and former CENTCOM Commander, will moderate the event, which will include presentations and panels featuring:
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Member, SFRC (tbc)
- Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN), Member, HFSC and HFAC
- Margaret McGlynn, former President, Global Vaccines & Infectious Diseases, Merck and Co.
- Thomas Pickering, Vice Chairman, Hills & Company
- Judith Rodin, President, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Robert E. Rubin, Co-Chairman, Council on Foreign Relations
- Rex Tillerson, President & CEO, Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Rajeev Venkayya, Director of Global Health Delivery, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Deputy Secretary of State Jacob Lew will deliver a keynote address.
MEDIA CONTACT: Andrew Schwartz at ASchwartz@csis.org or 202.775.3242.
For more information on the Commission on Smart Global Health Policy, a project of CSIS’ Global Health Policy Center, click here.
H. Andrew Schwartz