There’s an App for That
Africa is undergoing a digital transformation, helping the region to weather some the pandemic's negative consequences. What opportunities exist to accelerate Africa's adoption of digital and mobile technologies? Host Judd Devermont is joined by Dr. Amani Abou-Zeid (African Union Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy), Ilana Cohen (GSMA), and Greg Cohen (Asoko Insight) to discuss the Covid-19 challenge and GSMA’s report, “Digital Solutions for the Urban Poor.” Separately, Judd, Greg, and Ilana also review President Museveni’s approach to the pandemic and developments in Madagascar.
- Digital Solutions for the urban Poor - GSMA
- Uganda: Driving inclusive socio-economic progress through mobile-enabled digital transformation - GSMA
- Mobile money recommendations to central banks in response to COVID-19 - GSMA
- Virus exposes gaping holes in Africa’s health systems - Reuters
- The Digital Transformation Strategy for Africa (2020-2030)