Work in the Age of Covid-19
How will the Covid-19 pandemic affect the future of business, trade, and investment in sub-Saharan Africa? How important will technology and automation be for economic development in the region? Guests Laird Treiber (State Department), Chukwuka Onyekwena (Center for the Study of the Economies of Africa), and Vijaya Ramachandran (Center for Global Development) join host Judd Devermont to discuss the new world of work. Guests also analyze South Africa and Nigeria’s responses to the pandemic.
- South Africa’s Bold Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic – Judd Devermont and Topaz Mukulu
- Understanding the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the Nigerian economy – Chukwuka Onyekwena and Mma Ekeruche
- Nigeria's Tech Sector May Be Booming, but Where Are the Women? – Vijaya Ramachandran and Blessing Omakwu
- Can Africa Be a Manufacturing Destination? Labor Costs in Comparative Perspective – Vijaya Ramachandran et al.
- Philanthropy and the Humanitarian Crisis in Northeast Nigeria – Judd Devermont