Dr. Hanaa Almoaibed: Saudi Arabia and the Labor Market
This week on Babel, Jon Alterman talks with Dr. Hanaa Almoaibed, visiting research fellow at the London School of Economics Middle East Centre and research fellow at the King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies. Dr. Almoaibed talks about her research on how Saudi's youth view vocational schools, entrepreneurship, and Vision 2030. Then, Jon is joined by his colleagues Will Todman and Danny Sharp to discuss prestige in how it relates to employment.
- Buthaina al Zubair and Caleb Harper, "Influence Peddlers," CSIS, November 18, 2020.
- Hanaa Almoaibed, "Elevating the status of Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Saudi Arabia: The Need for Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement and Student Motivation," King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, June 2020.
- Jon Alterman, "Ties that Bind: Family, Tribe, Nation, and the Rise of Arab Individualism," CSIS, December 2, 2019.
- Hanaa Almoaibed, "Education and Job Opportunities: How Do Schooling Practices Affect Young Saudis' Transition to University and Employment?" King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, September 2020.
- Episode Transcript, "Saudi Arabia and the Labor Market," CSIS, January 9, 2020.
Senior Vice President, Zbigniew Brzezinski Chair in Global Security and Geostrategy, and Director, Middle East Program
Fellow, Middle East Program
Associate Director and Associate Fellow, Middle East Program