Just and Equitable Policing: Human Rights and Security Services Reform
This episode of Intersections discusses the global reverberations of the murder of George Floyd in 2020 and what that has meant for efforts to address bias in policing. Dr. Tracie Keesee and Ojeaku Nwabuzo join Marti Flacks to discuss how equality data collection can be used to drive development of evidence-based strategies, and what the U.S. and Europe can learn from each other in this effort.
- The European Network Against Racism: https://www.enar-eu.org
- The Center for Policing Equity: https://policingequity.org/
- Law Enforcement and Human Rights: https://www.ohchr.org/en/law-enforcement
- OHCHR Agenda towards transformative change for racial justice and equality: https://www.ohchr.org/en/racism/agenda-towards-transformative-change-racial-justice-and-equality
- The George Floyd Protests: A Global Rallying Cry for Democracy: https://www.csis.org/analysis/george-floyd-protests-global-rallying-cry-democracy