A Well-Founded Fear: Protecting the Rights of Refugees in Times of Crisis
What rights do refugees have, and how can states protect them? The first episode of Intersections discusses Ukraine, Afghanistan, the two-year anniversary of Title 42 and the global health crisis, and other current issues in refugee rights with Krish O’Mara Vignarajah, President and CEO of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services, and Jon Hoisaeter, Deputy Representative for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in Washington, DC.
- LIRS: https://www.lirs.org/
- UNHCR: https://www.unhcr.org/ceu/
- Rights of Refugees: https://www.unhcr.org/en-us/publications/brochures/3b779dfe2/protecting-refugees-questions-answers.html
- On Title 42: https://abcnews.go.com/US/title-42-amid-backlash-biden-administration-defends-trump/story?id=80149086
- Truth of the Matter Podcast: The Haitian Migrant Crisis and the Bigger Picture: https://www.csis.org/node/62683