Congressional Affairs at CSIS
Expert Support for Congress
For more than 50 years, CSIS has prioritized outreach to Members of Congress and their staff to provide in-depth, strategic analysis and guidance from the world’s leading experts in defense and security policy, global challenges, and regional studies.
Through speaking events, topical briefing series, participation in policy conferences, and membership on commissions and task forces, CSIS helps leaders in Congress effectively engage the broader policy community.
Because of CSIS’s focus on grounded, actionable, and bipartisan policy solutions, CSIS is uniquely positioned to help Congress address the national security, development, and foreign policy challenges facing the United States. A key element of our engagement with Congress is through congressional testimony. In 2019, 19 CSIS experts testified in 27 House and Senate hearings across 15 different committees and commissions.
- A bipartisan platform from which members of Congress can powerfully engage the wider policy community
- In-office briefings from top policy experts with government, academic, and field experience
- Staff-focused policy discussions
- Commentaries, Critical Questions, and other timely analysis on current issues
- In-depth reports with realistic policy recommendations
- Opportunities for Members and staff to participate in CSIS events, projects, and initiatives
Vice President for Congressional and Government Affairs
Program Manager, Congressional and Government Affairs