Congressional Relations at CSIS
Expert Support for Congress
For more than 50 years, as one of the nation’s leading bipartisan institutions, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) has prioritized outreach to members of Congress and their staff to provide targeted, useful, and timely support from the world’s top experts in defense and security policy, global challenges, and regional studies.
Through speaking events, such as our Bipartisan Congressional Dialogue Series, participation in the numerous policy conferences that CSIS hosts each year, and participation on commissions and task forces, CSIS helps Congressional leaders effectively engage the broader policy community.
Because of CSIS’s unique emphasis on proposing grounded, bipartisan policy solutions in addition to analysis, we speak Congress’s language and work at Congress’s pace.
- A bipartisan platform from which members of Congress can powerfully engage the wider policy community
- In-office briefings from top policy experts with government, academic, and field experience
- Staff focused policy discussions
- CSIS Critical Question one-pagers on the day’s hot topic
- World class reports with realistic policy recommendations
- Congressional involvement in CSIS projects
Highlighted on this page are CSIS events and projects that U.S. Senators and Representatives have participated in.