The Andreas C. Dracopoulos iDeas Lab is CSIS's internal digital agency, combining the best of web development, video, audio, and design to communicate our world-class policy analysis to a wide audience.
The iDeas Lab works closely with CSIS research programs to develop and design dynamic, compelling, and issue-focused micro-websites and digital features. These digital products also include a range of interactive visualizations, graphic design, and multimedia. See our web projects here.
We produce original videos on a range of policy issues that combine stunning elements of motion design with expert interviews. Visit CSIS on YouTube.
We produce studio-quality podcasts in partnership with a range of CSIS’s research programs.
We regularly develop media-rich longform digital reports on a range of policy issues.
We design and produce a range of products that utilize compelling custom editorial and graphic rich design to engage our audience and further advance the impact and reach of CSIS's work. See examples below.
The CSIS Journalism Bootcamp connects journalism and international relations students with policy experts and multimedia specialists to tell pressing stories from around the globe.
Select Past Projects
- Stepping Up Trade Leadership
- Out of Sight: Northeast Nigeria's Humanitarian Crisis
- Data Governance
- Containing Tehran: Understanding Iran’s Power and Exploiting Its Vulnerabilities
- Timeline of Japan-South Korea Relations
- The Landscape of Economic Change: 1990-2018
- [re]GENERATION (three part mini-documentary series)
- Kremlin Playbook 2
- Taiwan's New Southbound Policy
- Growing Tanzania's Nutrition Knowledge
- Beyond the Water’s Edge
- Humanitarian Access
- Nutrition + Prosperity
- From the IRA to the Islamic State: The Evolving Terrorism Threat in Europe
- The Evolution of the Salafi-Jihadist Threat
- Russia Sanctions Tracker
- Confronting the Global Forced Migration Crisis
- The New Barbarianism (documentary film)
- Competing in the Gray Zone and Zone Defense
- Election Cybersecurity Scorecard: The Outlook for 2018, 2020 and Beyond
- Space Threat Assessment 2019 and interactive summary (2018 report and interactive chapters)
- Mapping the U.S.-Canada Energy Relationship
- A National Machine Intelligence Strategy for the United States
- Recalibrating U.S Strategy toward Russia
- Turning Point
- Ebola in America: An Epidemic of Fear
- Tracking Promises Series
- Perfecting China Inc.
- Nuclear Narratives