Belt, Road, and Beyond: The CSIS Belt and Road Executive Course
CSIS is pleased to offer this popular course in a live, virtual format. We look forward to continuing to offer you high-quality professional development opportunities in this new format.
CSIS is now accepting applications for the Fall 2020 Belt and Road Executive Course in a live format. The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a $1 trillion flagship foreign policy effort of Chinese president Xi Jinping, could reshape global networks of trade, transport, and political ties within and between countries for decades to come. But since its announcement, the BRI has remained shrouded in confusion and controversy, and it now faces major challenges, including the Covid-19 pandemic. Drawing insights from leading experts and the Reconnecting Asia Project, the most extensive effort to map and analyze these developments to date, CSIS has developed a Master’s-level introduction to China’s BRI. This private, virtual course explains what the BRI is, what it is not, and how it is impacting commercial and strategic realities on the ground.
- China's "Health Silk Road" and Covid-19 Impacts.
- Debt Sustainability.
- Sino-Russian Cooperation and Competition.
- China’s Domestic Politics and Economic Motivations.
- Ground Realities in Africa, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Latin America, and the Arctic.
- China's "Digital Silk Road" and New Infrastructure.
- The seminars are led by a diverse group of experts with a wide range of experience in academia, the private-sector, and U.S. and foreign governments.
This course is open to anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of China’s Belt and Road Initiative and implications for the United States.
How to Apply
Please access and complete the application form by selecting the Apply button below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Apply
For more information, please contact Barbara Petzen, Director of Training Initiatives, at BPetzen@csis.org.