The Dynamics and Implications of China’s Rise
Led by CSIS’s China team, The Dynamics and Implications of China’s Rise will provide government officials, business executives, and other stakeholders an extensive assessment of China’s meteoric economic, political, and military rise. The program will delve into China’s domestic and elite politics, its growing international influence, and its economic development trajectory. CSIS’s top China experts Jude Blanchette, Bonnie Glaser, and Scott Kennedy will lead this three-day online course, which combines lectures, discussions and debate, interactive exercises, as well as presentations by outside experts.
- How the Party Rules China
- What's "communist" about the Communist Party of China?
- Xi For Life? Understanding China's Leadership Politics
- The People's Republic in 2049
- Unpacking China's Great Power Status
- China’s Revisionist Agenda for International Order
- China's Rise: Security and Foreign Policy Challenges and Opportunities
- China's Economy: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Chinese Technology Policy: Theory and Practice
- China & Global Economic Governance: From Free Rider to Heavy Driver
Exercise: What should we do about Taiwan?
Simulation: U.S.-China Strategic Competition: Decoupling and Alternatives
This course is open to anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of China’s growing influence and its implications for the United States.
How to Apply
Please access and complete the application form, including statement of interest, resume, and bio, by selecting the Apply button below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Apply
Previous and current participants include representatives from:
Booz Allen Hamilton, European Parliament, Government of Kuwait, Institute for Defense Analyses, Kissinger Associates, Lockheed Martin, Medtronic, Inc., Microsoft, NASA, NATO, Philips, Science and Technology Policy Institute (STEPI), The Dietrich Foundation, T-Mobile, U.S. Army Aviation Center, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of State, World Affairs Council
For more information, please contact Barbara Petzen, Director of Training Initiatives, at BPetzen@csis.org.