Global Foresight: Preparing for Future Trends
DetailsCultivate the strategic leadership skills and mindset needed to identify trends, anticipate change, and thrive in today’s shifting global landscape.
Global Foresight: Preparing for Future Trends is a new, comprehensive, and global executive education program offered by CSIS’s Risk and Foresight Group. This customizable program weaves together important issues, trends, and revolutions that government and business leaders must understand as they position themselves for the next 25 years.
The program is designed to help institutions prepare for threats like COVID-19 in the future, while addressing how global norms and international systems will have changed as a result of this crisis, and how to operate in this new paradigm.
Drawing on CSIS’s top experts, this course focuses on seven key revolutions: population, resources, technology, information, economics, security, and governance. The course is intended for organizations and department leads who want to develop their employees to be future-centric thinkers and foster a strategic global outlook. Participants will gain new knowledge and analytical tools through topical seminars, interactive workshops, and strategic leadership exercises, culminating in a practical crisis simulation.
The curriculum focuses on a range of topics and skills that will allow participants to:
- Understand future trends and their relevance for business and government leaders
- Develop strategic leadership tools and learn to anticipate external challenges
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program to a real-time crisis simulation
- Seven Revolutions: Trends Shaping Our World Out to the Year 2050
- Pandemics and Global Health
- Migration Trends
- Global Food Security
- Urbanization: Regional Effects and Implications
- Climate Change, Energy, and Mobility
- International Security in a Multipolar World
- The Digital Future
- The New Arctic Frontier
- The Future of Work and Knowledge Economy
- Democracy’s Decline and the Rise of Polarization
- Leadership for the Future: A Conversation
- Trend Spotting and Analysis
- Global Problem Solving Through Design Thinking
- Scenario Planning
- Effective Communication: Public Speaking and Messaging Techniques
- Crisis Simulation and Government Response Options
If your organization is interested in this program, please contact Hadeil Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.