Project on Chinese Business and Political Economy
Drawing on CSIS's deep expertise on China, Asia, international business, and the global economy, the Project on Chinese Business and Political Economy is dedicated to bringing sustained attention to China's evolving business sector and the country's economic engagement with the rest of the world. Led by Scott Kennedy, the project focuses on five critical areas:
- The trajectory of China's economic reforms and the changing nature of industrial policy;
- Chinese technology policy and approaches to innovation;
- Trends among state-owned enterprises, private firms, foreign-invested companies and their relationship with each other and the Chinese state;
- Participation by Chinese industry and officials in international economic regimes; and
- The challenges and opportunities multinationals face in doing business with China.
Through in-depth research, conferences, roundtables, private consultations, and reports, the project aims to improve the discussion about American public policy and corporate strategy toward China.Photo: Feng Li/Getty Images