The PONI yearly conference series brings together junior and senior level professionals from the laboratories, the military, and industry, academia and policy sectors to hear selected presentations on nuclear weapons infrastructure, strategy and policy. PONI holds three regional conferences – on military bases, national labs, and CSIS headquarters – and then a fourth Capstone Conference at United States Strategic Command in Omaha, Nebraska. The Capstone Conference features selected presentations from preceding regional conferences and offers individuals an opportunity to present their work to senior leadership from across the nuclear enterprise. Those who present at the Capstone Conference will also be invited to publish a paper based on their presentation in a journal produced by CSIS.
Each PONI Conference features (usually five) panels of selected presentations on a wide range of nuclear issues. They span 1.5 days: day one begins with breakfast and concludes with an evening dinner and keynote address; day two begins with breakfast and ends after lunch.
2017 PONI Conference Series Schedule
- Summer Conference – Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA (TBA)
- Fall Conference – TBA
- Winter Conference – Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, DC (TBA)
- Capstone Conference – STRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE (spring 2018)
2016-2017 PONI Conference Series Schedule
- Summer Conference – Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), Patrick AFB, FL (July 12-13, 2016)
- Fall Conference – Sandia National Labs, Albuquerque, NM (October 18-19, 2016)
- Winter Conference – Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, DC (December 6-7, 2016)
- Capstone Conference – STRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE (March 16, 2017)