WSD-Handa Fellowship Program
Through the generosity of the Worldwide Support for Development and Dr. Handa Haruhisha, the Pacific Forum CSIS has established the WSD-Handa Fellowship Program. This fellowship offers both resident and non-resident fellowships to increase East Asian, US and European participation in Pacific Forum programs. The WSD-Handa fellows should already have some knowledge of East Asian security and economic developments and should use this fellowship as an opportunity to take a more in-depth look into these issues and offer solutions for improvement.
Eligibility Requirements are as follows:
- Applicants may be of North American, European, or Southeast Asian nationality. Priority will be given to those from lesser-developed Southeast Asian nations including Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- A bachelor’s degree by the start of the Fellowship
- Proficient in English (verbal and written skills)
- Must be eligible for an extended stay in the US
Applications for the Handa Fellowship are now CLOSED and will reopen in SUMMER 2016.
The application packet must include:
- WSD-Handa Resident Fellowship application (Download HERE)
- A cover letter detailing interests and why the WSD-Handa Fellowship will contribute to the applicant’s professional development.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of recommendation
- A description of a research project to undertake as a WSD-Handa Fellow (not to exceed 1,500 words)
Applications should be sent via postal mail or e-mail to:
Attn: WSD-Handa Fellow Program
Pacific Forum CSIS
1003 Bishop Street, Suite 1150
Honolulu, HI 96813