Pivot Points: 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami
CSIS has assembled a variety of resources on the devastating March 11 earthquake and its aftermath. These include video interviews, short written analyses, and audio commentaries.
H. Andrew Schwartz, senior vice president for external relations at CSIS, interviewed three CSIS experts on the implications of the crisis for Japan:
Michael J. Green, CSIS Japan Chair, talks about the Japanese response to the earthquake and the implications for Japanese society.
Richard Jackson, director Global Aging Institute, talks about the effect of the March 11 Earthquake on Japan's aging population.
- Sharon Squassoni, director of the CSIS Proliferation Prevention Program, has written a Policy Perspectives newsletter on "Fukushima: What It Is and Isn’t."
- Jane Nakano, fellow with the Energy and National Security Program, wrote the commentary "Japan's Energy Supply and Security since the March 11 Earthquake."
- Rick "Ozzie" Nelson, director Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program, and Stacey White, senior research consultant with the CSIS Program on Crisis, Conflict, and Cooperation a Critical Questions on "The March 11 Earthquake: Where Things Stand."
- Michael Green and Nicholas Szechenyi of the CSIS Japan Chair write a Critical Questions on "The March 11 Earthquake in Japan."
- Sharon Squassoni, director of the CSIS Proliferation Prevention Program, and Jane Nakano, fellow with the Energy and National Security Program, write a Critical Questions on the "Japanese Nuclear Crisis."
- Stacey White, senior research consultant with the CSIS Program on Crisis, Conflict, and Cooperation, discusses "The March 11 Earthquake: Japan to the Test."
Contact H. Andrew Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 775-3242
- Essential Readings from the Proliferation Prevention Program has the latest links that they are sharing on the crisis
- FEPC (Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan) Updates on Japanese Nuclear Crisis through March 23-April 19
- FEPC (Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan) Updates on Japanese Nuclear Crisis March 17-23
- TEPCO (Tokyo Electric Power Company) Press Releases
- Donate to disaster relieft through Peace Winds
- Donate to the International Red Cross for Japan Relief
- Donate to the Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Tsunami relief through iTunes
- Google Crisis Response: 2011 Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami