Pivot Points: Resources on the Situation in Libya
Your source for CSIS analysis on the Libyan Situation
CSIS experts examine the situation in Libya. As unrest continues to spread in the region, we have assembled key resources to help explain the situation in Libya. These include short written analyses and audio commentaries.
Anthony H. Cordesman, the CSIS Arleigh A. Burke Chair in Strategy, on the unrest in Libya.
- Stephen Flanagan, holder of the Kissinger Chair, writes about managing the fragile coalition in Libya.
- Mark Quarterman, director of the Program on Crisis Conflict and Cooperation, writes an update on the "multilateral moment" emerging from the situation in Libya after the passage of UN Security Council Resolution 1970.
- Stephen Johnson, director of the Americas Program, asks "Can Chavez Rescue Qaddafi?"
- Alan Hegburg, senior fellow with the Energy and National Security Program, provides an update on Libyan oil production.
- Richard Downie, deputy director of the Africa Program, discusses Qaddafi's Tangled Legacy in Africa.
- Heather Conley, director of the Europe Program, discusses the European reaction to the crisis.