Pivot Points: Turmoil in the Middle East
CSIS has assembled a variety of resources on the recent eruptions of unrest in the Middle East. These include video interviews, short written analyses, and audio commentaries.
- Jon Alterman wrote an op-ed for the Washington Post, "Mubarak is out, but Egypt's status quo stays."
- Jon Alterman, wrote a commentary for the Financial Times published February 11, "Mubarak steers a crisis toward its climax."
- Anthony Cordesman, CSIS Burke Chair in Strategy, wrote a commentary, "If Mubarak Leaves: The Role of the Egyptian Military."
- Haim Malka of the CSIS Middle East Program wrote a commentary, "Military Aid to Egypt: A Critical Link."
- Anthony Cordesman, CSIS Burke Chair in Strategy, wrote a commentary, "Egypt and Tunisia (and, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan): Rethinking the Challenge of Instability in the Middle East, North Africa, and Other Developing States."
- Additional publications
Additional content from the Implications of the Uprising in Egypt Schieffer Series event.