The program was established with the clear, forward-looking mission to elevate the discussion on the Western Hemisphere to a strategic level.
The program informs and produces insightful analysis and recommendations for partners in the United States and the region.
The Americas Program focuses on six thematic priorities:
- Regional security, particularly in the Northern Triangle, Mexico, and the impact of the Venezuelan crisis on the region;
- The erosion of democratic practices and institutions;
- Inequality and social inclusion in the Americas;
- The emergence of significant regional powers, such as Brazil, in an increasingly multipolar world;
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on trade and development in the region; and
- The long-term impact of more frequent contestation and great-power rivalry in the Americas
Find the latest research from our scholars and CSIS events below.