Online Event: Civics as a National Security Imperative: Addressing Racial Injustice (Part 2 of 2)
Please join us on July 2nd (4:00-5:15pm EST) for the second part of this two-part conversation: "The Role of Civics in Addressing Racial Injustice."
This panel will follow-up on the earlier conversation on racism as a national security threat, and will discuss how civics and civic engagement can address racial injustice and build societal resilience. This panel will include the following experts:
- Danielle Allen, Director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard
- Shawn Healy, Democracy Program Director at the Robert R. McCormick Foundation
- Amber Coleman-Mortley, Director of Social Engagement at iCivics
- Andrew Wilkes, Senior Director of Policy Advocacy at Generation Citizen
- Suzanne Spaulding (moderator), Director of the Defending Democratic Institutions Project at CSIS
This series is made possible by Craig Newmark Philanthropies.