The program was established with the clear, forward-looking mission to elevate the discussion on the Western Hemisphere.
The program aims to influence through insightful analysis and recommendations for partners in the United States and the region.
The Americas Program focuses on six thematic priorities:
- Regional security, particularly in Mexico, the Northern Triangle, and the impact of the Venezuelan crisis on the region.
- The long-term impact of more frequent contestation and great-power rivalry in the Americas.
- The emergence of significant regional powers, such as Brazil, in an increasingly multipolar world.
- The erosion of democracy institutions and practices.
- Forward-looking policies to address inequality and inclusion.
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on trade and development.
Find the latest research from our scholars and CSIS events below.