Southeast Asia Program
The Southeast Asia Program provides policy recommendations and support for U.S.–Southeast Asia relations and builds political, economic, and people-to-people ties between the United States and Southeast Asian countries.
In this effort, the Southeast Asia Program:
- Raises the level of focus on Southeast Asia through educating, enlightening, and making regional issues and leaders more accessible to a U.S. audience.
- Broadens the constituency of active and interested parties in the United States that are engaged in the policy dialogue on Southeast Asia.
- Develops a strong foundation of research-based knowledge to encourage dynamic policy dialogue in support of sound security, economic, human rights, and people-to-people policies toward Southeast Asia.
- Attracts the world’s most talented and knowledgeable researchers and thinkers to contribute to the CSIS Southeast Asia Program.
Follow policy developments in Southeast Asia and participate in CSIS Southeast Asia programs and studies by:
- Receiving our biweekly newsletter, Southeast Asia from Scott Circle, and invitations to our public events. Please provide your name and affiliation here.
- Engaging in a thoughtful policy dialogue at our blog CogitAsia.
- Listening to our weekly Asia podcast on iTunes.