Accessibility Statement for CSIS
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is committed to providing a website experience that functions for all users regardless of disability, network speed, or device. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. We invite feedback if you have issues accessing any part of csis.org.
- Each page on the site has a “skip to content” link that allows users to move quickly past navigation and into main content.
- Titles, headings, body copy, link styles and other essential elements have been designed to provide sufficient color and value contrast.
- Care has been taken to apply focus and hover states to interactive elements including the navigation, links and buttons.
- Pages are structured with semantic elements like header, navigation, main, and footer.
- The navigation, search, and several key pages and components have been manually tested and optimized using manual and automated testing methods:
- zooming into 400%,
- keyboard navigation,
- VoiceOver and AXE (an automated testing tool)
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA and Level AAA. CSIS.org is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, and we are working toward full conformance. Some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. We are reviewing commonly used pages and tools on our site and implementing updates to improve the usability for all. If you encounter something that is not accessible, please let us know so we can better understand how we can improve.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of CSIS.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Please contact us at email@example.com
- Center for Strategic and International Studies
1616 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Phone: 202.887.0200
This statement was updated on November 30, 2022.