Venezuela is a failed state that poses a significant security threat to the Western Hemisphere. The Future of Venezuela Initiative of the Center for Strategic & International Studies is led by director Ryan C. Berg.
Recent programming includes the following topics:
- A roadmap and lessons for negotiations in Venezuela.
- Violence and insecurity amidst the burgeoning presence of non-state actors.
- Growing geopolitical challenges borne of foreign actors that prop up the Maduro Regime.
- Tackling environmental degradation caused by illegal mining and gas flaring.
- The role of the oil sector in Venezuela’s economic degradation and economic rebuilding.
- Improving the effectiveness of humanitarian assistance to Venezuelan migrants in neighboring countries and attending to the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Venezuela.
- Advancing effective political engagement of youth and women in a democratic transition.
- The effect and future of international sanctions on Venezuela.
All The Future of Venezuela Initiative Content
Commentary by Ryan C. Berg — November 29, 2023
Podcast Episode by Ryan C. Berg — November 29, 2023
Commentary by Antonio De La Cruz — November 2, 2023
Commentary by Evan Ellis — October 31, 2023
Commentary by Ryan C. Berg and Henry Ziemer — October 17, 2023
Event — June 7, 2023
Commentary by Jose Ignacio Hernández — May 10, 2023
Event — May 5, 2023
Commentary by Antonio De La Cruz — April 27, 2023
Commentary by Jose Ignacio Hernández — March 30, 2023